Description These three icons form a group. In the center, Christ is represented as the Just Judge, surrounded by seraphim, archangels, and the apostles Peter and Paul. The Virgin and John the Baptist, accompanied by saints, turn toward him with their hands raised in prayer. Each panel is decorated with a gilded silver cover. Hung on the wall, small panels like these were used for prayer at home or in monastic cells.
|9/10/1959||Treatment||cleaned; loss compensation; coated|
|2/01/1960||Treatment||other; coated; loss compensation|
|11/23/1988||Treatment||repaired; loss compensation; cleaned|
|2/24/1992||Examination||examined for condition|
- Russian Art: Icons and Decorative Arts from the Origin to the Twentieth Century. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1959-1960.
- A Millennium of Christianity: Russian Art from The Walters Art Gallery. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1988-1989.
- Highlights from the Collection. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1998-2001.
- Fabergé and the Russian Crafts Tradition: An Empire's Legacy . The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2017-2018.
Provenance Alexandre Polovtsoff (Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Polovtsov); purchased by Henry Walters, Paris, 1930; by bequest to Walters Art Museum, 1930.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1930
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License