Description "The Allegory of Taste" is originally from a series of statuettes representing the personification of the five senses. These statuettes exhibit the masterly sculptural quality of Meissen porcelain between 1733 and 1775 when J. J. Kändler served as a chief modeler.
Provenance King Collection; Jacques Seligmann, New York [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1914, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Inscriptions crossed swords in blue
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1914
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License