Description Two further pieces in museum belong to the same series as this one and carry images of Saint Nicholas (inv. 48.2086.1) and Saint Parascheve [?] (inv. 48.2086.14). The tiles were most likely attached to a church wall as a frieze of saint portraits alternating with plant ornament.
|6/09/1961||Treatment||loss compensation; coated|
Provenance Nikos Avgheris, Istanbul, ca. 1950, by purchase; Robert E. Hecht, Jr., Ruxton, Maryland, 1956, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1956, by purchase.
Credit Partial museum purchase with funds provided by the S. & A.P. Fund, 1956 and partial gift of Mr. Robert E. Hecht, Jr., 1957
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License