Description Silver figures such as this one were precious in Ancient Egypt. This small statuette has a loop at the back to be used as a pendant. Amun is displayed with the standard iconography of Amun-Re. He is dressed in a divine kilt, a collar, and a double feather-crown combined with a sun-disk.
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
- Serapis: The Creation of a God. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2002.
- Secret Signs: Egyptian Writing. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2003-2004.
- Daily Magic in Ancient Egypt. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2006-2007.
- Egypt’s Mysterious Book of the Faiyum. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2013-2014.
- Die Entstehung der Welt. Ägyptens letzter Schöpfungsmythos (The Origin of the World. Egypt’s Last Creation Myth). Roemer- und Pelizaeus- Museum, Hildesheim; Kunsthalle Leoben, Leoben. 2014-2015.
Provenance Dikran Kelekian, Paris and New York [date and mode of acquisition unknown] [obtained in Lower Egypt, near Zagazig]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1925, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1925
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License