The aegis is made from hammered gold sheet. The edges of the gold sheet are cut using a chisel. The head and disk are raised and the halves soldered together. The head is filled with a bulked unidentified resin. The resin is yellow in color. The bulking agent is probably calcite.
|7/10/1979||Examination||examined for condition|
|2/23/2012||Examination||Examined for loan|
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
- Mistress of House Mistress of Heaven: Women in Ancient Egypt. Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati; Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn. 1996-1997.
- Highlights from the Collection. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1998-2001.
- Chefs-d'oeuvre des derniers pharaons. Musée Jacquemart-André, Paris. 2012.
- Egypt’s Mysterious Book of the Faiyum. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2013-2015.