Description Over half of this bowl is assembled from original fragments; the rest consists of ceramic inserts that were made by a restorer. The missing shapes were constructed out of clay on the bowl and then removed, fired, and glazed before being reattached with adhesive. It has been extensively overpainted to blend the new fragments with the originals.
|1/05/2012||Treatment||Cleaned; loss compensation|
- Reinstallation 2018: HH 450-452, 446-449 (1WMVP, Second Floor). The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2018-2021.
Provenance Dikran Kelekian, New York and Paris; purchased by Henry Walters, Baltimore; by bequest to Walters Art Museum, 1931.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License