Description This ivory plaque depicts Christ's crucifixion with Mary and St. John the Evangelist mourning at either side of the cross. The plaque was originally the center of a triptych.
|8/25/1986||Examination||examined for condition|
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art. Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore. 1947.
- Cross References. Dumbarton Oaks, Washington. 2011.
Provenance Godard Desmarais, Paris [date of acqusition unknown], by purchase; Henri Daguerre, Paris [date of acquisition unknown], by purchase; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1925, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1925
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License