Description The jasperware medallions showing sacrificing priestesses were designed by Lady Templetown and Miss Crew for Josiah Wedgwood's factory, Etruria. They have been mounted in metal frames with faceted steel studs, a specialty of Matthew Boulton's factory in Birmingham.
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
- Objects of Adornment: Five Thousand Years of Jewelry from the Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York; Chrysler Museum of Art, Norfolk; Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh; San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio; Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa; Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu; New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans; Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee; Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minneapolis; Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo; The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota. 1984-1987.
- Jewelry from the Walters Art Museum and the Zucker Family Collection. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1987.
Provenance William T. and Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1878, by purchase [in Vienna]; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Inscriptions [Makers Mark] Wedgwood
Credit Acquired by William T. and Henry Walters, 1878
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License