Description This element, probably from a pectoral, was made by attaching two flat faience plaques to a plaster core. Over these were attached plaster figures in relief, covered with gold foil. There is a dark adhesive material on the bottom edge and both side edges of the piece. On the front two figures on a boat raise hands toward a central scarab with extended legs. Shown on the back are the four sons of the god Horus, who protected different parts of the body in the Netherworld.
|5/04/1977||Examination||examined for condition|
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
Provenance Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1913, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1913
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License