Description Originally a wing of a triptych, this piece would have been mirrored by 71.162. The wings were made to overlap when closed. This panel depicts three saints: a biship saint at the top, identifiable by the crosses on his maphorion, and two unidentified deacon saints below. The back of the panel is carved with a cross. The style of this wing and its pair is related to the Triptych Group and there are holes on each wing for attachment to the central panel.
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art. Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore. 1947.
- Realms of Faith: Medieval and Byzantine Art from the Walters Art Museum. Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Nashville. 2001-2002.
- Realms of Faith: Medieval and Byzantine Art from the Walters Art Museum. Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Nashville. 2002-2005.
Provenance Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1924, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1924
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License