Description This pectoral pendant was worn by an ecclesiastic, most probably a bishop. The circular hollow on its front originally contained a carved cameo (or another similar object) with an image of the Virgin Orans or of a saint.
Provenance Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1930, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1930
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License