Description This gold ring has a raised hexagonal fluted bezel with a miniature portrait of a lady in 16th-century costume under faceted diamond. The convex hoop has a winged terminal figure at the shoulders, and is enameled and set with diamonds. This is a neo-renaissance ring.
|6/01/1983||Examination||examined for loan|
|6/20/1983||Loan Consideration||examined for loan|
|6/28/2006||Treatment||examined for condition; stabilized; repaired; coated|
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
- Objects of Adornment: Five Thousand Years of Jewelry from the Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York; Chrysler Museum of Art, Norfolk; Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh; San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio; Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa; Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu; New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans; Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee; Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minneapolis; Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo; The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota. 1984-1987.
- Jewelry from the Walters Art Gallery and the Zucker Family Collection. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1987.
- Bedazzled: 5,000 Years of Jewelry from the Walters Art Museum. Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Nashville; The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota; The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2006-2009.
- Bedazzled: 5,000 Years of Jewelry. El Paso Museum of Art, El Paso. 2010.
Provenance Acquired by Henry Walters, Baltimore; given to Laura F. Delano, New York; given to Walters Art Museum, 1947.
Credit Gift of Laura F. Delano, 1947
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License