Description A gentleman is painted in watercolor. On the reverse of the miniature, rendered in hair are the letters MCO in script, a wreath, a pair of flanking doves and two burning hearts pierced by an arrow, all enclosed within a laurel leaf border. The miniature is mounted in an oval gold frame surrounded both on the obverse and reverse by a row of sixty-two diamonds in silver collets and an outer band of forty-nine half-pearls in gold collets. A loop for the suspension of the miniature is faced with three half-pearls.
- Four Centuries of Miniature Painting from the Collections of the A. Jay Fink Foundation, Inc. and A.J. Fink, Personally. Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore. 1958-1959.
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
Provenance Acquired by Abraham Jay Fink; by bequest to A. Jay Fink Foundation, Inc., Baltimore, 1963; given to Walters Art Museum, 1963.
Credit Gift of the A. Jay Fink Foundation, Inc., in memory of Abraham Jay Fink, 1963
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License