The pen case was cleaned with organic solvents to remove old coating residues, tarnish and polish residues. The join between the inkwell and the pen tubes was stabilized with acrylic resin and Japanese tissue. A partial second stamped tughra was located on the central tube opposite the inkwell. A complete stamp was present on the underside of the inkwell. The double-walled well contains residues of a black ink (not analyzed). One cap for a tube is a restoration. The restoration can be distinguished by the lack of an assay zigzag mark, shorter length and crudely cast cap.
|12/31/1969||Treatment||Treated for exhibition|
|11/17/1981||Examination||examined for loan|
- The World of Islam. Saint Mary's College, St. Mary's City. 1981.
- Illuminated Manuscripts: Masterpieces in Miniature. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1984-1985.
- Islamic Culture and the Medical Arts. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda. 1994.
- Poetry and Prayer: Islamic Manuscripts from the Walters Art Museum. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2010.
- The Art of Writing Instruments from Paris to Persia. 2011.
- Pearls on a String: Artists, Patrons, and Poets at the Great Islamic Courts. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; Asian Art Museum, San Francisco. 2015-2016.