Description The highly polished, T-shaped, pale jadeite handle is fitted to an elaborate collar of white and apricot guilloché enamel over gold. Rows of rose-cut diamonds with inset half-pearls border the collar and divide the enameled areas. The handle is preserved in its original Fabergé box.
- The Taste of Maryland: Art Collecting in Maryland 1800-1934. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1984.
- Objects of Vertu: Precious Works of the Eighteenth Century. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1984.
- Fabergé in America. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, San Francisco; Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond; New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans; The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland. 1996-1997.
- The Fabergé Menagerie. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus; Portland Art Museum, Portland. 2003-2004.
- From Rye to Raphael: The Walters Story. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2014-2016.
- Fabergé and the Russian Crafts Tradition: An Empire's Legacy . The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2017-2018.
Provenance Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1900, by purchase; Mrs. Frederick B. Adams, [date of acquisition unknown] by gift; Walters Art Museum, June 1956, by gift.
Credit Gift of Mrs. Frederick B. Adams, 1956
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License