Description In this posthumous portrait the founder of the Walters Art Museum, Henry Walters (1848-1931), is shown with three objects from his collection: a Mosan enamel plaque of the 12th century (44.101), a Limoges enamel reliquary of the 13th century (44.78), and a German brass statuette of St. Sebastian of the early 16th century (53.34). Henry is shown wearing the same stick-pin decorated with a Carthaginian stater that appears in another posthumous portrait commissioned from Frank O. Salisbury (37.2000). This stick-pin is now in the museum's collection (59.699).
- The Allure of Bronze. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1995.
- Touch and the Enjoyment of Sculpture: Exploring the Appeal of Renaissance Statuettes. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2012.
- From Rye to Raphael: The Walters Story. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2014-2016.
Provenance Walters Art Museum, 1938, by commission from the artist.
Inscriptions [Signed and dated] Lower left: Thos. C. Corner / 1938
Credit Commissioned from the artist, 1938
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License