Description "The Allegory of Touch" is originally from a series of statuettes representing the personification of the five senses. These statuettes exhibit the masterly sculptural quality of Meissen porcelain between 1733 and 1775 when J. J. Kändler served as a chief modeler.
Provenance King Collection; Jacques Seligmann, New York [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1914, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1914
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License