Description This folio from Walters manuscript W.595 is the first half of a double-page illumination containing introductory lines of the work. The upper and lower parts of the illumination are filled in with an inscription in Persian, containing the title of the work, in Thuluth script.
Provenance 'Ali [date and mode of acquisition unknown] [ownership statement (min kutub) and seal on fol. 1a]; Henry Walters, Baltimore [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License