Description This folio from Walters manuscript W.569 is the left side of a double-page opening decoration containing the text of chapter 1 (Surat al-fatihah) inscribed in the center medallion in gold Muhaqqaq script on a blue background.
- The Divine Word and Sacred Sites of Islam. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1997.
Provenance Henry Walters, Baltimore [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License