Description The head of the gold pin is missing but the molding that kept what were probably its composite elements securely in place is still preserved. Three loops soldered to the pin retain three pendant cylinders which may or may not belong. The original photograph of the cylinders shows them without the pin. Two of the cylinders are ornamented with wire, the third has a stone bead jammed in its bottom.
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
Provenance [From a tomb near Olbia, Parutino, Ukraine (?), 1913, pendants only]; F. L. van Gans, Frankfurt (?) [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; P. Mavrogordato, [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Galerie Bachstitz, The Hague [catalogue 1921, part II, lot 92 G]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1926, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1926
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License