Description Binding is original and dates to the end of the sixteenth century; pasted down by Liz Bentzel in May 1935; patterned red silk over squared wooden boards; spine raised with six bands; traces of now lost metal attachments and clasps; pastedowns of yellow silk.
Provenance Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem, ca. 1598, by gift; Léon Gruel, Paris, by purchase; Henry Walters, Baltimore, purchased from Gruel before 1931.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License