Description This sixteenth century German binding is original to the manuscript. It has brown leather over wooden boards and is stamped with designs of fleurs-de-lis, rosettes, unicorns, Cologne heraldry, and St. Paul under an arch. Holes are visible where clasps (now missing) were originally attached.
Provenance Aussem family, Cologne, early sixteenth century ; Marshall C. Lefferts Collection, New York, before 1901; purchased by George H. Richmond collection, New York, 1901. Acquired by Henry Walters, Baltimore; by bequest to Walters Art Museum, 1931.  fol. 58v coat of arms, fol. 82v kneeling donor
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License