Description A large cushion-shaped opal is mounted in a silver-gilt frame set with small diamonds of varying size. Extending laterally are diamond-set stalks which terminate in two layers of fern leaves. The four uppermost, mounted with prongs, are of opalescent cameo glass tinted with soft hues of green and silver enamel. The lateral segments are hinged to the central unit to permit movement.
|7/25/1983||Examination||examined for loan|
|7/03/1984||Examination||examined for condition|
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
- Objects of Adornment: Five Thousand Years of Jewelry from the Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York; Chrysler Museum of Art, Norfolk; Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh; San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio; Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa; Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu; New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans; Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee; Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minneapolis; Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo; The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota. 1984-1987.
- Jewelry from the Walters Art Gallery and the Zucker Family Collection. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1987.
- From Rye to Raphael: The Walters Story. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore. 2014-2016.
Provenance World's Fair, St. Louis, Missouri, 1904 [no. 34]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1904, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1904
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License