Description The sculpture, which was sand cast in segments, has been fully assembled.
- The Works of Antoine-Louis Barye. American Art Gallery (New York), New York. 1889-1890.
- Metamorphoses in Nineteenth-Century Sculpture. Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge. 1975.
- The Master Artist. 1967-1968.
- The Allure of Bronze. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1995.
- Untamed: The Art of Antoine-Louis Barye. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa; The Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Palm Beach. 2007-2008.
Provenance William T. Walters, Baltimore, by purchase [George A. Lucas as agent]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1894, by inheritance; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Inscriptions [Signature] Cast through from model: BARYE; [Transcription] Painted inside in white: LUCAS; [Number] Painted inside in black: W 14.
Credit Acquired by William T. Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License