Description At the request of the factory director, J.R. Boileau, this form of wine bottle cooler was developed in 1753. The "bleu lapis" ground is gilded in a "caillouté" or pebbled pattern. The flower painting is attributed to Pierre-Joseph Rosset (1734-1799 (?)).
Provenance A. Seligmann, Rey and Co., New York; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1914, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Inscriptions [Factory Mark] In blue: Intertwined Lls; [Date] Letter: H (1760)
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1914
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License