Description A convex shield covers the ear wire, formed by four wires twisted together. The extremities are merged together to fashion a hook and eye clasp. The rigid pendant has a corrugated tube as its core. The upper section pierces two rectangular sheets kept apart by twelve struts of beaded wire. The lower section is flanked by four strips coiled at each end, their outer edges lined with beading. The strips are separated at the top by four balls, and joined at the bottom by one, all dotted with granule clusters. This gold earring is exceptionally heavy.
- Jewelry - Ancient to Modern. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1979-1980.
Provenance Henry Walters, Baltimore [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License