Description In this twilight scene, a tiger on the alert observes an elephant running in the background.
|1/01/2002||Treatment||examined for exhibition; examined for loan; cleaned; other|
- The Works of Antoine-Louis Barye. American Art Gallery (New York), New York. 1889-1890.
- French Master Drawings of the Mid Nineteenth Century. Fisher Gallery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles. 1962.
- The Wild Kingdom of Antoine-Louis Barye, 1795-1875. Wildenstein & Company, New York. 1994.
- The Essence of Line: French Drawings from Ingres to Degas. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore; Birmingham Museum of Art, Birmingham; Tacoma Art Museum, Tacoma. 2005-2006.
- Untamed: The Art of Antoine-Louis Barye. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa; The Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Palm Beach. 2007-2008.
Provenance William T. Walters, Baltimore, prior to 1889; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1894, by inheritance; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Inscriptions [Signature] In dark brown watercolor at lower right corner, on recto: BARYE.
Credit Acquired by William T. Walters, before 1889
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License