Description This page once prefaced the Gospel texts of Luke and John in Mount Athos, Monastery of Great Lavra (MS A76), dating to the late thirteenth century. Other detached leaves from this manuscript are now found in Paris, École nationale supérieure des beaux-arts (Mn.Mas 2), and St. Petersburg, National Library of Russia (MS gr. 305).
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art. Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore. 1947.
- Splendor in Books. Grolier Club, New York; The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1977-1978.
- Illuminated Manuscripts: Masterpieces in Miniature. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1984-1985.
- Medieval Writing and Calligraphy. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1993-1994.
- Realms of Faith: Medieval and Byzantine Art from the Walters Art Museum. Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Nashville. 2001-2002.
- Byzantium: Faith and Power (1261-1557). The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. 2004.
Provenance [Folios 107bis in Mount Athos, Great Lavra MS A76]; Leon Gruel, Paris [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Henry Walters, Baltimore [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License