Deteriorated acrylic coating was removed with appropriate solvents; dark silver tarnish was reduced as possible; new coating applied to forestall future tarnishing; mechanical connection between figure of Christ and base repaired.
The protective coating was damaged during a recent traveling exhibition. The recently applied coating was retouched.
A recent lacquer coating broke down during shipment and handling for exhibition. The damaged coating was locally removed and replaced.
|4/12/1961||Treatment||cleaned; coated; reconstructed|
|3/28/1962||Treatment||cleaned; coated; repaired|
|8/16/1999||Loan Consideration||examined for loan|
|4/12/2000||Examination||examined for technical study|
|5/01/2006||Examination||examined for condition|
|5/31/2006||Treatment||examined for technical study; other|
|6/01/2006||Examination||examined for condition|
|1/01/2007||Examination||examined for technical study|
|10/23/2009||Loan Consideration||examined for loan|
|8/03/2017||Treatment||Treated for exhibition|
|11/29/2017||Treatment||Cleaned for exhibition.|
- The International Style: The Arts in Europe Around 1400. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1962.
- Kaiser Karl IV, 1316-1378. Bayerisches Nationalmuseum, Munich. 1978.
- Die Parler und der Schöne Stil, 1350-1400. Schnütgen-Museum, Cologne. 1978-1979.
- Reliquaries and Ritual: Medieval Objects of Devotion. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1984-1985.
- Highlights from the Collection. The Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore. 1998-2001.
- The Way to Heaven: Relic Veneration in the Middle Ages. Museum Catharijneconvent, Utrecht; Nieuwe Kerk, Amsterdam, Amsterdam. 2000-2001.
- Prague: The Crown of Bohemia. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; Prague Castle, Prague 1. 2005-2006.
- Silesia - A Pearl in the Bohemian Crown: Three Periods of Flourishing Artistic Relations. Waldstein Riding School, Prague, Prague. 2006-2007.
- Treasures of Heaven. The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland; The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; The British Museum, London. 2010-2011.
- A Feast for the Senses: Art and Experience in Medieval Europe. The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore; The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota. 2016-2017.