Description This tulip-shaped vase with ears was first made in 1754. After 1755, it was produced in large quantities in five sizes. This example is decorated with the "bleu lapis" ground color. Birds and foliage are painted on the reserves.
Provenance E. M. Hodgkins Collection, Paris, no. 6 [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; A. Seligmann, Rey and Co., New York; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1928, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1928
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License