Produced for unidentified patrons in the early 15th century who were originally represented flanking the full-page miniature of the Crucifixion (fol. 72v) but later painted over (calendar for the Use of Utrecht, localizing the place of production of the book); Franchoise de Doffinnes, Monchy Breton near St. Omer, 16th century [ownership note dated 1584, fol. 283v; additional notes regarding the Doffinnes family from 1520-1637, fols. 278v-279v, 283r]; Gruel and Engelmann, Paris, [collection no. 1018], before 1909 [mode of acquisition unknown]; Librairie Theophile Belin, Paris, 1909 [Catalog Manuscrits avec miniature..., pp. 5-7, no.4] [mode of acquisition unknown]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, by 1931, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.