Description Binding is original. Romanesque binding of alum-tawed skin over beech boards with a later brass clasp; sewn on two slit, rolled tawed straps; "Synonima Isidorii" written on a rectangular strip of parchment on the upper board with the possible remains of a shelfmark above it; no pastedowns
Provenance German monastic institution [ex libris, fol. 2r, "Iste libellus pertinet ad monasterium sanctum in [......]"]; Sir Thomas Phillipps, ca. 1860-1865 [mode of acquisition unknown] [ no. 22130, (fol. 1r) ]; Gruel and Engelmann collection, no. 130, [date and mode of acquisition unknown] [bookplate on inside upper board]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, June 9, 1903, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License