Provenance Made for monastic use, probably Cistercian or Carthusian, in Bohemia (?) finished on February 2, 1507; Unknown monastic owner, 18th century ["Nr. 78" written on front pastedown]; Sale, Sotheby's, London, November 9, 1931, [lot 216, to Marks (?)]; E. Dawson, Los Angeles [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Otto Ege, Cleveland, 1932, by purchase; Sale, Sotheby's London, December 11, 1984, no. 54; Walters Art Museum, 1984, by purchase.