Description This statue of a seated man has the right foot added in a different stone. The fingers of the right hand and the left hand are to be added. There are holes in the right hand, and iron dowels in the left. This piece was historically attached to a marble head which was inset. The head, which did not belong, was removed (see Walters 23.205). The front of the base had been restored. This was removed as well.
|1/01/1992||Technical Report||x-ray diffraction; other|
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art. Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore. 1947.
Provenance Don Marcello Massarenti Collection, Rome [date and mode of acquisition unknown] [no. 19]; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1902, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters with the Massarenti Collection, 1902
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License