Description This crisply carved devotional statue was once completed by a throne and a gold crown for the Virgin. She rests her feet on a small dragon, symbolizing conquered evil, while the Christ Child raises his right hand in a gesture of blessing.
|3/27/1990||Examination||examined for condition|
|6/03/1999||Technical Report||examined for technical study|
Provenance Henri Daguerre, Paris; Hector Economos, Paris, before 1913; Jacques Seligmann, Paris; Henry Walters, Baltimore, 1922, by purchase; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by Henry Walters, 1922
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License