Description This stone statue was formerly polychromed. It is possibly from the tomb of St. Remi at Reims. The piece depitcts the Bishop of Langres who held the scepter at the ceremony of the coronation of the Kings of France.
Provenance William T. / Henry Walters Collection, Baltimore [date and mode of acquisition unknown]; Walters Art Museum, 1931, by bequest.
Credit Acquired by William T. or Henry Walters
Download Image Add to Collection Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Creative Commons License